It is our purpose at Soulutions for Balance™ to assist individuals and organizations with tools for managing how to respond to stress consciously in a more holistic and sustainable way.
We have embarked on the age of multi-tasking and efficiency at a remarkably fast pace. We are benefited by instantaneous communication, convenience and unlimited access to information, but it has come with a price. As with all evolution, there is pressure to change in order to survive. We are experiencing the effects of this pressure at alarming rates. It is estimated that 18% of the American population (approximately 40 million adults) is afflicted with the most common mental illness in the United States; stress and anxiety. The American Journal of Health Promotion reported 75-90% of all Primary Care Physician visits are attributed to stress related issues (ADAA, 2010-2011). In order to survive, we must address how we are responding to stress. A shift from reactivity to responsibility is the first real step in creating a new way of being in this modern world.
Soulutions for Balance(R) Stress Management Programs
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction an 8 week curriculum of mindfulness tools and practices designed to reduce stress and improve health and well-being.
- Onsite Corporate Yoga restorative yoga classes typically offered in 6 week sessions or part of a stress reduction series.
- Onsite Corporate Meditation Programs offered as a training program or ongoing.
- Yoga therapy offered to individuals and includes:
- Asana (poses) - for reducing tension in the body and calming the mind
- Breath Awareness (pranayama) to reset the nervous system at will
- Deep Relaxation to turn on the “relaxation response” and reduce anxiety, improve sleep
- Meditation Practices – finding the right meditation practice for the individual is key. There are many techniques and having a teacher for this is an important component in creating and sustaining a daily practice.
- Living in Balance with Feng Shui(R) - Utilizing intentional placement to promote balanced work and home life environments.